The #ACTIVE4ALLIE 27 challenge is a virtual event encouraging people to get active in memory of Allie Rose Zambito!
- Three activity tier options (2.7, 27, 270) are available for participants to complete. Any activity can count toward challenge completion and can be measured in miles, sessions, reps, laps, games, etc. The goal is to get moving, so do what you love!
- Complete the challenge from June 22 through August 22, 2022
- Registration opens May 25, 2022
- Registration closes on July 13, 2022
- Registration cost
- $30 per participant
- All proceeds are used to support the Allie Rose Zambito Sunshine Scholarship fund
- T-Shirts and stickers
- T-shirt and sticker bundle can be purchased separately for $20
- Individual stickers can be purchased for $2 each
- Shipping within continental United States is included
- Post your workouts, progress, and get helpful exercise and meal tips
- Use #ACTIVE4ALLIE or tag @active_4_allie
- Follow us on instagram
Frequently Asked Questions
what is the #active4Allie challenge?
In the #ACTIVE4ALLIE virtual event, 3 challenge levels (2.7, 27, or 270) are available to participants to encourage people to get active for Allie. Over the 62-day event, participants can complete multiple activities to complete their activity goal, such as walking, running, biking, swimming, rowing, paddling, weightlifting and more. The goal is to get moving, so do what you love!
Who is Allie?
Allie Rose Zambito tragically passed away in June 2019 just hours before her 24th birthday doing what she loved, running and staying physically active. Allie was pursuing a doctoral degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Delaware and was only months away from graduation at the time of her accident. Learn more about Allie and her amazing life.
To honor Allie’s pursuit of excellence in academics and physical fitness, a registered 501C-3 scholarship organization has been established to recognize 2nd year doctoral physical therapy students at Allie’s alma maters, High Point University (HPU) and the University of Delaware (UD).
Why the number 27?
Allie loved to be physically fit and always encouraged others to get moving for their health. Allie played and participated in many sports, and was a fierce competitor on and off the playing field. While playing field hockey at High Point University, Allie wore the number 27 jersey. The #ACTIVE4ALLIE 27 challenge reflects her field hockey number in increments, with 2.7, 27, and 270 options to encourage participants to stay active!
How long does the challenge last?
The #ACTIVE4ALLIE challenge starts on Allie’s birthday, June 22 and concludes on August 22, 2022. Participants are encouraged to share their progress during the 62 day challenge using #ACTIVE4ALLIE on various social media platforms.
How much does the challenge cost?
Registration for any challenge level is $30 and all proceeds are directly applied to the existing Allie Rose Zambito Scholarship fund. An optional t-shirt and sticker bundle can be purchased for $20, or individual stickers for $2 each (includes shipping within the continental United States).
Can I make a Separate Donation?
Certainly! Donations can be made on the Donations page and are tax deductible.
How can I sponsor the #Active4Allie 27 challenge?
We are actively seeking sponsorships for the event and all sponsorship fees will be directly applied to existing scholarship funds. Please email ARZSunshineScholarship@gmail.com for sponsorship information.